“About twice a year, I get into this space. I guess you can call it “spring cleaning”, although it is not spring..LOL. Can you relate?”
The past few months, I have been feeling like the spaces in my home and my phone are getting a little too cluttered. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a neat freak but any means, however, I do like to keep my living spaces neat, in a manageable sense.
But lately, it seems that my inbox and countertops are getting a bit too cluttered. When I open my inbox, there are number of BS messages that I spend so much time deleting. So, during these past few weeks, I have made it my mission to unsubscribe to nearly all of the company’s messages. I have been really good about giving away clothes that I no longer wear or don’t like anymore but I am still working on the clutter on the countertops.
About twice a year, I get into this space. I guess you can call it “spring cleaning”, although it is not spring..LOL. Can you relate?
Well, if you have been feeling the need to declutter your living spaces here are some creative ways to do so:
- Give yourself 5 solid minutes (or whatever time you can commit to) to declutter one small space in a room or area. The idea is to start small.
- Take the 12/12/12 Challenge – Locate 12 items to throw away, 12 items to give away and 12 items to return to its proper home. This is a quick way to organize 36 items in your home.
- Fill a trash bag with items that you can throw away or give away. Grab a bag and see how fast you can fill the bag.
- Organize your digital life. Unsubscribe to email subscriptions. Choose five company’s to unsubscribe to each day and notice how slowly your inbox fills up with junk email. Upload photos to a digital storage space and delete photos on your phone.
- Sign up paperless billing to reduce mail clutter. Many companies offer this option in an effort to save the environment. It’s also a great way to keep down clutter.
These are a few ways that you can start to declutter your life. What are some things that you do to spring clean when things get cluttered?
Becoming a Minimalist. (2015). 10 Creative Ways to Declutter Your Home. Retrieved from http://www.becomingminimalist.com/creative-ways-to-declutter/
Huffington Post. (2016). 7 Easy Ways to Declutter Your Life. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-austin/declutter-and-organize_b_9758292.html
Follow me on IG @hildafields
Yes! Unfortunately I need time to declutter from too many email subscriptions